All final paper submissions should be written in English and must be formatted in standard IEEE 2-column format. Full papers are limited in length to eight (8) printed pages (10-point font) including figures, tables, and references. Short papers are limited to four (4) printed pages. Demo and poster papers are limited to two (2) printed pages. Papers exceeding the page limits will not be accepted by EDAS. The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found at the IEEE templates page.
When preparing your final camera ready version, please make sure that your paper contains no headers, no footers, and no page numbers. This information will be added by EDAS.
Check that your page size is US letter (8.5 x 11 inches / 215.9 mm x 279.4 mm).
To have an idea of how an EDAS compliant paper looks like, download this sample PDF. If your paper looks very similar to this, you should be fine.
If you require assistance in preparing your final submission, please contact our publication chair Florian Klingler.
Please follow these steps to submit your camera ready paper:
- Check that the titles of demo and poster papers start with “Demo: “ and “Poster: “, respectively, both in EDAS and in the PDF.
- At least one of the paper authors needs to register for the conference. The author registration must be a full registration and cannot receive the student discount. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to three (3) papers.
- Use EDAS to fill out the electronic copyright form for publication of your paper in IEEE Xplore. The copyright form can be added to your paper by logging in to EDAS, opening the paper details page, and selecting the plus symbol next to "Copyright form."
Use IEEE PDF eXpress to check wether your camera ready paper complies the formatting guidelines. The Conference ID to be used when using IEEE PDF eXpress can be found in the acceptance notification sent to you via eMail. Upload your camera ready paper to IEEE PDF eXpress and upon successful checks download the PDF eXpress signed version of your paper. After uploading, check for any PDF problems that IEEE PDF eXpress reports. Keep in mind that the number of checks you can perform is limited.
- Upload your IEEE PDF eXpress signed version of the camera ready paper using EDAS. The upload link can be found next to "Final manuscript" on the paper details page in EDAS. Possible problems will be shown below the uploaded paper information on the paper details page. Make sure to address these problems and upload a IEEE PDF eXpress signed version of the final manuscript without printing problems before the camera ready deadline.
- To be published in the IEEE VNC 2023 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Co-chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE VNC 2023 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
- VNC 2023 will be hosted as a fully in presence conference. Online presentations will only be possible in well-argued exceptional cases (e.g., travel restrictions due to COVID). Permission for remote attendance needs to be requested beforehand by writing to the organizing committee, which will evaluate requests case by case. Notice that a travel restriction for a single author does not represent a valid reason for papers with multiple authors.